Yes, it’s absolutely possible!
If you can save 500USD / 2000AED / 30K INR, then you can well be on your way to the beautiful Caucasian countries of Georgia and Armenia!
1. Time of Travel
We chose to travel in February, which was an off season and so, the flight and tour rates were really low.
2. Flight: 230$
Check out Skyscanner for competitive flight rates and routes.
3. Paperwork: 24$
- Georgia offers free on-arrival visa for GCC residents.
If you are not a GCC resident, click here.
- Armenia has started on-arrival visa for Indian nationals residing in GCC countries from February 2017 ( click here for further details )
- Travel Insurance is a must and will be verified at check-in itself.
This is the most affordable one we found: Orient Insurance (Easy Journey Travel Insurance) for 9 days: 15$/ person
4. Stay: 32$
- Patio Hostel, Tbilisi, Georgia
- Rafael Hostel, Yerevan, Armenia
- Breakfast was included in both hostels.
5. Tours: 134$
- Given the limited time and sub zero temperatures, we opted for Escorted Group Tours for Georgia.
Tour operator: Holidays in Georgia
Day 1: Mtskheta Gori Uflistsikhe
Day 2: Georgian Military Highway, Ananuri, Gudauri
Day 3: Kakheti Region, Bodbe, Sighnaghi
- We took a Private Tour to make the most of our time in Armenia.
Tour coordinator: Aram Kalantaryan
6. Transportation: 35$
- Georgian public transportation: 5$/ per person
- Yerevan-Tbilisi overnight train: 30$/ per person
7. Food: 25$
Enjoying Georgian cuisine